Care to join us in our little EXPEDITION?
First things first, I…uh…really underestimated how much prep work it takes to arrange, duct tape, and put all the things together, especially when you only have ONE EXTENSION CABLE that is actually capable of taking in the heavy duty charge of a presentation projector and an iMac at the same time. I did manage to get things set up, but I decided to spend the next 4 hours ironing out whatever kinks I could with the frontend of DEP before officially opening the doors.
In terms of features, DEP as of Day 1 has the following:
- A Day in the CS Club, we are PUCific, and Prismic Shift showcased
- Video modules semi-working (the plugin hates 60fps for some reason, so some re-encoding will most likely be necessary–and hey, lower files sizes are always a good thing!)
- A proper working marquee system (mostly for notices on when the gallery’s going to open or close, but can also be used for other purposes if I so desire)
- A clock!
- A day counter!
- Falling stars!
- A more optimized fade in-fade out system that’s probably a dozen times better than whatever junk I hacked up for Prismic Shift
For Day 2, I will probably work more on developing the following:
- Image and audio modules (so my fliers and music can be properly showcased)
- A basic “guide” to make things more entertaining, hopefully, as well as give more insight to all of the pieces e.g. behind the scenes stuff and second thoughts from an “outsider” perspective
- Improvements in usability (because lord knows how much I suck ass at that coughprismicshiftcough)
- Better music!
- More sound effects!
At least I got arranging the gallery out of the way fairly quickly. Now if only I could snag another computer to use so I don’t have to sacrifice my laptop for the day…not to mention the risks of stolen property and whatnot 😡
SPOILER ALERT! If you have been following these idol diary entries from the beginning, this notice shouldn’t be anything new. This entry will contain scenes from the movie. If you haven’t seen the anime or watched the movie, but plan to, I suggest not reading this. But if you want to read anyways, feel free!
If you want to watch the Aqours first live spoiler-free, then I urge you not to read this. The news was floating all around many anime communities, so if you managed to dodge those bullets, kudos to you.
As always, if you still want to read, go for it!
If you haven’t watch the anime series, Love Live! School Idol Project, or its movie, I strongly suggest watching them first before reading these diary entries. Umi’s entry will contain many spoilers from the movie. Reader beware! Read at your own risk!
zOMG! It’s coming back!
(GraphiteHelix and I are watching the latest dub episode of Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid which, as of this writing, is episode 3)
Tohru “Although, your clothes seem to always be a bit too tight in the chest for me…”
Kobayashi “Ugh…speaking of…”
Kobayashi (starts jiggling Tohru’s boobs a bit) “There’s no way in hell you’re really just a D.”
Tohru “I’m a D for Dragon, if that helps!”
Walked right into that one w